Updated as of April 2022
During COVID-19 it is important that students on a dining plan understand how to access their meals when they are Sick or in Isolation.
Sick: You do not have COVID but you have the stomach flu, or you have an illness that incapacitates you so that you cannot leave your room to visit a dining cafe.
Isolation: You have been instructed by Wellness at Penn and you are isolating in place in your College House.
Students Who Need Isolation Meals as you are isolating in your College House, this also applies to Students Who Are Sick:
Academic Year 2022-2023
How to order your meal
Food may be ordered from 1920 Commons, Hill House, Falk, and English House (Note: English House and Falk orders can only be accepted Monday-Friday). For Kosher and Halal meals over the weekend see below.
- Review the menus of the day at the location where you want to place your order.
- Email the location (emails listed below) with your requested meal choices and all the listed important information.
Meals must be ordered during normal operating hours. Please do not place an order in the last hour of service and you must place your order at least 1 hour before pick-up.
You may order up to two meals at a time, however, both meals must correspond to a single meal period (breakfast, lunch, or dinner). For example, if you order two meals to be picked up at noon - you will only be able to choose from the lunch menu.
Halal and Kosher Needs: If you need Halal items or Kosher items over the weekend, please indicate those needs in advance and we will provide extra meals leading into the weekend. For example, if you would like extra Kosher meals for the weekend with your meal on Thursday, please let us know in your email on Thursday and we will accommodate.
Important information to include in your email:
- Your name
- Your Penn ID number
- Your phone number
- Time of your pick-up
- The name of the person picking up the meal for you
- Any special dietary needs
Academic Year Locations and Emails:
- 1920 Commons - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hill House - email@example.com
- Kosher Dining at Falk - firstname.lastname@example.org
- English House - email@example.com
To pick up meals:
- If you are picking up your meals yourself, you must wear a mask and may go to one of the cafes above to pick-up meals. Upon arrival, your meal will be at or near the cashier station. Students who are Covid positive may NOT access the dining area beyond the cashier station.
- You may also have a friend pick up your meal for you. They will need to bring your PennCard to receive the meal and tell the cashier that they are picking up a meal(s) that was pre-ordered.