Vegan: Contains absolutely no animal or dairy products, including honey.
Vegetarian: Contains no meat, fish, poultry, shellfish, or products derived from these sources but may contain dairy or eggs.
Tips for Dining
- Menus and ingredient information can be viewed online at university-of-pennsylvania.cafebonappetit.com. Save time by checking menus before arriving to the café.
- Plant-based options can be identified by our vegan and vegetarian icons. Find these icons on our online menus and café signage.
- Concerned about cross-contact? Ask your server to change their gloves and use new utensils before serving your food. You can also ask for food to be served directly from the kitchen to avoid cross-contact at the serving line.
- Have a question? Café managers are available to assist you during your visit. Ask a cashier for assistance locating one.
- Looking to use your dining dollars? A variety of plant-based soups, snacks and frozen meals are available for purchase at Gourmet Grocer. Vegan and vegetarian grab-and-go salads and sandwiches are also available for purchase under meal exchange.
- Heading to Houston? Impossible burgers are available daily. You'll know its impossible by its grill marks.
- Non-dairy milks are available for coffee and tea at all of our cafes, including Joe’s, Accenture, The Market Café, Starbucks, and Pret A Manger.
- If there’s an item you want to see on our menus, let us know! Submit your feedback.